The Water Quality Coordinating Committee (WQCC) is responsible for defining county water quality priorities and strategies. Membership includes representatives from county planning and health agencies, Environmental Management Councils (EMCs), regional planning councils, Farm Service Agencies (FSAs), Cornell Cooperative Extension, municipalities, environmental organizations, citizens groups, and lake associations. Representatives of regional DEC, NYS Department of Transportation (DOT), USGS, NYSARC, and NRCS offices often participate.
Contact: Wayne County Water Quality Coordinating Committee 10 Leach Road, Lyons, 14489
c/o Wayne Co. SWCD: Scott DeRue
Chairman: Scott DeRue
- Vice Chairman: Ora Rothfuss, WC Planning
- Treasurer: Beth Claypoole, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Wayne County
- Steven LeRoy, WC Board of Supervisors
- Cathy Comfort, Secretary
- Jason Monroe, WC Water & Sewer Authority
- Kevin Rooney, WC Public Works Dept.
- Robert VanLare, WC SWCD Board of Directors
- Jayme Breschard, Regional Planning
- David Scudder, WC Resident, Member at Large